Ever gone to boot up MAMP, apache starts fine but then MYSQL refuses to?
I’ve run into this problem on many occasions and in most cases the following method works:
1. Shut down MAMP.
2. Open Terminal or iTerm and type ‘killall -9 mysqld‘ (Note you may need to type ‘sudo‘ at the beginning if it doesn’t work).
3. Relaunch MAMP and it should be working as normal again.
Annoyingly, I recently encountered the MYSQL issue yet again and the above method didn’t work! What to do?
After browsing around the internet I was fortunate to find another solution which did work.
After shutting down MAMP again:
1. Browse to your MAMP directory (Applications/MAMP).
2. Click inside the DB folder.
3. …Then inside the MYSQL folder.
4. Delete all the files in this directory (NOT THE FOLDERS!!!).
This second method pretty much saved my life as I was at a bit of a loss after method 1 didn’t work.
Hope this helps some of you out!